It’s time for some Gym MAGIC!
It’s time to perform again! It’s time to spread some joy now most of you are back training! It’s time to perform and compete in a magical atmosphere and show the world all those new moves you have been saving up for this very moment!
It’s time for something NEW!
Our fantastic and internationally renowned Gymnastique Magique event competition structure, held yearly in Paris, is being re-vamped and re-energised as a BRAND NEW, additional competition opportunity right here in the UK. The UK Display Gymnastics Championships.
May Bank Holiday Weekend 2021!
Our Sunday 2nd of May 2021 event date gives you plenty of time to plan and organise for the competition, PLUS it's the Bank Holiday weekend!
It’s time to celebrate the amazing UK Performance and Display Gymnastics Scene!
We know gymnasts and gymnastics clubs have had a disappointing 2020, with clubs having to close their doors with trainings cancelled and events put on hold. So, we have been busy planning an event to celebrate everything that is amazing about the UK Performance and Display Gymnastics scene. Packed with new, safe, socially distanced opportunities, offering your club and gymnasts the chance to get back doing what they do best!
Another way to showcase your festival gymnastics programmes, at a unique and fun competitive event!
It’s festival gymnastics… but competitive. This amazing, relaxed and fun competition environment gives your club the chance to compete with your usually, non-competitive display gymnastics programmes. With two competition opportunities, (Open and Disney themed) and Solo, Duo and Group categories across a wide range of age and skill groups, there really is something for everyone at your club to get involved with. And if you don’t want to compete, you can still just showcase, just like any other Festival Gymnastics event! For the Gymnastics clubs familiar with our event, we are sure that will bring a smile to your face, and for those who have never attended before, this is the perfect chance to sample our amazing magical family!
A unique SAFE AND SPACED competition environment
Our ultimate aim is to bring excitement back to the world of Display Gymnastics in a safe and socially distanced environment where fun is the order of the day! We know you have been working hard in your clubs to follow all of the social distancing rules so gymnasts can enjoy a safe space doing what they love best in a safe environment! We are simply going to extend those same government guidelines and practices to our competition arena. We have chosen Magna specifically because it provides the size and type of space required to operate The UK Display Gymnastics Championships within social distancing guidelines.
Your safety comes first… a new socially distanced set up
- Our performance areas are large enough for gymnasts to socially distance during their performances so group or duo performances can truly shine safely!
- Safe and secure socially distanced backstage, holding and changing area with a one-way system in place.
- Large, socially distanced auditorium area with a one-way system and separated club ‘bubble’ seating in place, helping you keep gymnasts and chaperones within their own groups.
- A thorough and regular cleaning process will take place throughout the day and hand sanitising stations throughout the venue.
- Face coverings will be required by all attendees, for gymnasts also (when not on the performance area/warming up).
- The UK Display Gymnastics Championships will be a no spectator competition, with FREE online live feeds being made available covering the entire competition instead. See below for more details.
Peace of mind
In the event the UK Display Gymnastics Championships is forced to be cancelled due to Government restrictions, all entries and fees will be transferred to an alternative date. Should the new date not be suitable, a full refund will be given.
It’s time to come together, cheer on not only your friends, but also your fellow Gymnastics clubs!
The UK Display Gymnastics Championships is all about unity, bringing together the UK gymnastics scene after the disappointment of 2020 and celebrating gymnastics in general. So, it’s time to support every gymnast, every club, every coach by cheering on every performance throughout the day. As the UK Display Gymnastics Championships is a non-spectator event, it’s up to the gymnasts, chaperones and coaching staff from every club, to make every gymnast that takes to the performance area, feel special with huge cheers and applause! Join us as part of the UK Display Gymnastics Championships’ family and let’s put some smiles on gymnasts’ faces!
Support from the comfort of your home at your very own SPECTATOR WATCH PARTY with FREE LIVE ONLINE COVERAGE and help everyone stay safe!
We know every friend, Mum, Dad, Grandma, Grandad and relative would love to be at the event to show support. Sadly, in the current climate, this is just not possible to ensure everyone’s safety. So instead, The UK Display Gymnastics Championships will be providing FREE and FULL online live coverage of all competition areas. So, you can get your family bubble together, sit down in the comfort of your own home and cheer on your gymnasts all day.
Send us your SHOUT OUT and CHEER ALONG VIDEOS to support your gymnasts!
In addition to live feeds, we will also be operating special social shout outs throughout the day. Submit videos and photos of your reactions cheering on the performances from home via our social media and we will broadcast them in the venue via special screens so your gymnasts and coaches can still feel the love and see you’re right behind them!
Our UK Display Gymnastics Championships’ Venue!
Our home for The UK Display Gymnastics Championships is the fantastic Magna facility conveniently located in the centre of the UK, just five minutes from Junctions 33/34 of the M1! The huge facility is set in the heart of South Yorkshire, close to Sheffield, the UK’s 6th largest city, its size and scale making it perfect for a socially distanced competition!
Magna Science Adventure Centre, we feel is the perfect venue for the fun to take place in a safe and spacious environment within a unique facility! When you’re not performing or watching your budding gymnasts, head to the bar for drinks or the café for refreshments or head 1 mile down the road to the fantastic Meadowhall Shopping Centre, spread over 1.4 million sq. ft with 290 stores and a comprehensive regional and national rail and bus network.
- Located minutes from the M1 Junctions 33/34
- Free on-site venue parking for up to 400 cars and 40 coaches
- Two railway stations close by
- One mile from Meadowhall shopping and leisure destination
- Special discounted rates for all our UK Display Gymnastics Championships’ attendees visiting Magna’s fantastic attraction*
- Outdoor play area (weather dependent, extra charge applies*)
*see the Magna website for seasonal opening times
- Under 2 hours from Manchester and Birmingham
- 2 hours from Newcastle
- 3 hours from London
Fantastic Competition and Performance Opportunities!
Primary, Junior and Senior Age categories (some 'Combined' and ‘Whole Club’ categories) in our UK Display Gymnastics Championships, Magics and Open competitions and to showcase your school in our non-competitive Showcase category
• Competitors/Performers receive an exclusive participation souvenir
• Competition winners receive exclusive awards
• Special UK Display Gymnastics Championships coaches and performer lanyards
• Each group leader will receive a professionally edited video of all performances on Vimeo to share with gymnasts, friends and families as a lasting reminder
£20 per person for each Solo entry
£20 per person for each Duo entry
£20 per person for each Group entry
£20 per person for each Combined Junior/Senior entry
£20 per person for each Whole Club Group entry
£20 per person for each Group Showcase entry
Magics Disney Themed Competition
Our exclusive Disney themed competition. Choose your favourite song or theme, design your costumes and get ready to wow the judges! For groups, solo gymnasts, or Duos! Re-create your favourite Disney songs, films and theatre productions!
Our classic open competition - choreograph your festival gymnastics routines to any theme and wow the judges! Categories for Solo, Duo and Group entries as well as Combined and Whole Club Groups giving your club lots of entry opportunities.
Non-competitive, non-judged, just have fun and showcase your club! The ideal, no pressure, stepping stone for clubs who have performers that are not quite ready to compete, or that simply have a non-competitive ethos! Choose your own theme and show us your best festival gymnastics showcase performance!
- Adaptions may need to be made to our rules, social distancing measures and provision, in accordance with the latest Government guidelines and updates, up to and including the day of the event. All performances (with more than 1 gymnast) must adhere to the latest government social distancing guidelines/advice, as published on the date of the event. To help us adhere to relevant government social distancing guidelines/advice in changing, holding and performance areas, a maximum of 20 performers for all group and showcase entries is permitted.